Amritsar Street Food Bicycle Tour
Allow us to reveal the secret culinary activities of the locals and present to you the most diverse Amritsar food menu ever offered in the city with this well balanced and carefully curated Amritsar food trail. Taste some of the finest Amritsar food from street vendors and dhabas who have been feeding locals for generations and are hidden in off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods away from the tourist crowds while we bicycle through the streets of the heritage city of Amritsar. Some have also called this a food tour of a Big Fat Amritsar Wedding on pedals.
But first, let us take a pledge that during this food tour, we will not keep track of the count of our calories intake and will not think about it ever again! If you want to Experience Amritsar like a local, you would need to eat everything the way locals do. And, oh boy, locals eat everything in extremes – food full of sugar, spices, milk, butter (or desi ghee) and some of it is real deep fried like the oil will be dipping out of your food like crazy. And it’s just so good!
Our food tour starts late in the evening when the weather is pleasant and there is very little traffic. Our high-quality Decathlon bicycles, helmets, Yellow Jackets and our professional team will ensure you feel safe and have a great time on the road. The tour is suitable for beginners and advanced riders, for young and old, and even for people who haven’t been on a bicycle for years. Don’t want to ride a bicycle? No problem! We will arrange a comfortable bicycle-rickshaw ride for you.
This food tour highlights the popular Amritsar culinary delights available in the evening. For the famous Amritsar breakfast dishes, check out the exciting mini version of an Amritsar food tour covered during the Amritsar Heritage Bicycle Tour and the complimentary Amritsar food walk in the Amritsar Heritage Walking Tour.
Our Amritsar Street Food Bicycle Tour is designed to complement the Amritsar Wagah Border Tour, which offers a whole new way to get familiar with the border ceremony and sighting historical monuments, somehow lost and have become unknown. After the intense border ceremony experience, it will be a perfect opportunity to give into the amazing local food items and fill yourself up.
- Daily 7:00 pm
- 17th Oct – 13th Mar
- Daily 7:30 pm
- 14th Mar – 16th Oct
9 km (approx)
3 hours (approx)
- Group size
- Price per participant
- ₹ 1800 / USD 30 / EUR 25
- ₹ 1500 / USD 24 / EUR 20.5
- > 4
- ₹ 1200 / USD 20 / EUR 17
Price includes street food tasting and dinner
Group size is the number of participants during booking and is not related to the total number of participants during the tour
- Food full of sugar. Food full of spices. Food full of butter or desi ghee, sometimes deep fried. Food that tastes so good
- Bicycle through the streets of the centuries-old city and sometimes through the chaotic city traffic
- Explore the hidden food vendors in the streets and corners which are otherwise inaccessible or would remain unknown
- Learn the centuries-old processes of making some of the mouth-watering food items
- Take back unforgettable memories and photographs of this sacred and vibrant city
- Guided bicycle tour with friendly English speaking tour guide aka storyteller
- Explanation of the famous and interesting food items of Amritsar
- Quality bicycles with gears and safety equipment such as helmet and our yellow jacket
- Water bottle
- Local street food tasting (up to 12 dishes)
- Warm gloves (in the winter time)
- Sharing of pictures taken by the storytellers
Important information for bicycle tours
- The minimum age for riding the bicycle is 10 years
- Guest must be able to ride a bike, no training is provided
- Strongly advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Strongly advised not to wear expensive clothing or accessories
- Not recommended for pregnant women & participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Other important information
- We provide tours in English, Hindi, and Punjabi. Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Strongly advised to wear clothing covering full arms and legs as it is mandatory for entering most of the religious places
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. Eg, allergies in food items, etc
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
We take safety seriously. Our quality bicycles are regularly checked, well-maintained, comfortable and carefully chosen for riding in Amritsar. Our tried and tested routes are designed to avoid high-traffic lanes and our tour moves at a comfortable pace so that everyone can enjoy the whole experience.
Guest must be able to ride a bicycle. No training is provided except how to control breaks & gears.
For those who prefer not to cycle, a bicycle rickshaw with a puller can be arranged at an additional price of ₹ 300 per participant.
Call / Whatsapp / Telegram / Viber