Amritsar Village Tour
Get the true essence how a Punjabi traditional lifestyle today looks like by visiting a nearby local Amritsar village close to the India-Pakistan border. Inspiring as well as educating, this village tour offers a fascinating opportunity to know the innocent way of living and the warmth of the local people, thus giving a whole new perspective to discovering the real Punjab.
Learn many things about the lives and times of the people of the village directly from them. Get a chance to help them out in their daily chores such as milking their cows, plowing their fields over a tractor ride, preparing rotis on a traditional clay oven – chulha, preparing fodder and feeding their livestock, picking fruits and cutting vegetables from their own farms. Get into their attire by wearing a turban or pagri, dancing bhangra in their group and take some amazing pictures together. Enjoy a delicious breakfast in a friendly village family house which is prepared from homegrown vegetables, oils and is as fresh as it can be.
Our village tour starts early in the morning to take a ride to the nearby farm and enjoy the beautiful sunrise in the fields. This slow-paced tour is suitable for travelers of all age. The activities chosen are very simple and can be carried out even by kids with the supervision of our guides and our friendly village people. The tour is also great for those who seek a deeper understanding of agriculture in Punjab – season of cultivation and collection of products such as wheat and paddy and know more about their utilization of the natural resources.
Our Amritsar Village Tour is designed to complement the Amritsar Wagah Border Tour, which offers a whole new way to get familiar with the border ceremony and sighting historical monuments, somehow lost and have become unknown. Before the intense border ceremony experience, this will be a perfect opportunity to know about the lives and times of the residents of the village folks who share similar lifestyles of the folks on the other side of the border.
- Daily 5:00 am
- 14th Mar – 16th Oct
- Daily 6:00 am
- 17th Oct – 13th Mar
City On Pedals
37-A Rani Ka Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
3 km (approx walking)
5 hours (approx)
- Group size
- Price per participant
- ₹ 3600 / USD 58 / EUR 50
- ₹ 2500 / USD 40 / EUR 34.5
- > 4
- ₹ 2000 / USD 32 / EUR 27.5
Price includes refreshments and breakfast
Group size is the number of participants during booking and is not related to the total number of participants during the tour
- Visiting a local village near Amritsar
- Sneak peek into a local village house and interaction with their family
- Carry out some of their daily chores such as milking of cows, feeding their livestock and preparing roti on a traditional clay oven
- Tractor ride while plowing the fields
- Getting into a local attire by wearing a pagri or turban and sometimes a Punjabi suit
- Opportunity to pick fruits and cut vegetables
- A sumptuous traditional breakfast with our friendly local village family
- Drive from the assemble place to the nearby village and back
- Guided village tour with friendly English speaking tour guide aka storyteller who is also sometimes accompanied by a local village resident
- Refreshments like tea, lemon water and snacks
- A traditional sumptuous breakfast in a local village family house
- Warm gloves (in the winter time)
- Sharing of pictures taken by the storytellers
Important information for bicycle tours
- The minimum age for riding the bicycle is 10 years
- Guest must be able to ride a bike, no training is provided
- Strongly advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Strongly advised not to wear expensive clothing or accessories
- Not recommended for pregnant women & participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Other important information
- We provide tours in English, Hindi, and Punjabi. Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Strongly advised to wear clothing covering full arms and legs as it is mandatory for entering most of the religious places
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. Eg, allergies in food items, etc
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
We take safety seriously. Our quality bicycles are regularly checked, well-maintained, comfortable and carefully chosen for riding in Amritsar. Our tried and tested routes are designed to avoid high-traffic lanes and our tour moves at a comfortable pace so that everyone can enjoy the whole experience.
Guest must be able to ride a bicycle. No training is provided except how to control breaks & gears.
For those who prefer not to cycle, a bicycle rickshaw with a puller can be arranged at an additional price of ₹ 300 per participant.
Call / Whatsapp / Telegram / Viber