An exciting exploration of Amritsar's narrow bylanes, thereby coming across to some of the authentic items in its generations-old utensil market, cloth market, and the very famous Guru Bazaar - Jewellery market of the city. This exclusive guided tour provides anything to everything, starting from shopping to eating in the central hub of The Holy City, Swirl through these twisty-turvy streets and take back the precious souvenirs of the land.
All year (except Mondays)
Approx by walk
- Partition Museum (starting point)
- Bartan Bazaar
- Guru Bazaar
- Katra Jaimal Singh Bazaar
- Masala Bazaar
- Ram Bagh Bazaar
- Ram Bagh Gate (ending point)
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of interesting sites
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Street food tasting, Water bottle
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
Amritsar is known for the crafts specialized in hand made embroidered scarves and shoes that show the traditional culture and costumes of Punjab and also for the food full of spices and different flavors. For strolling through the markets and having a look at the souvenirs, we will assemble at the Partition Museum 10 minutes before starting the tour and will start as soon as everyone is there.
Starting through the narrow bazaars of the old city of Amritsar, we will head towards Bartan Bazaar (Utensil market) where we will have a look at all colorful traditional designer utensils made of Copper, brass, silver, iron, steel, and aluminum.
Moving ahead we will stroll through Guru Bazaar, a market where you can find all the stuff related to Punjabi weddings, here we will stop by the shop of Itter (Essence) and will feel the fragrance of hand made perfumes and incense sticks.
Walking through these lanes, we will head towards the main road to the cloth market, where we will see the colorful attires of Punjab culture. The main costumes include Phulkari, the hand made scarf, Patiala Suit, tunic and designer lower for women and Kurta Pajama, long tunic and lower for men, which goes perfect with Punjabi Jutti, the traditional footwear for men and women. These royal attires come from the old times when kings used to rule over Punjab.
Talking about the souvenirs, we cannot forget the food of Amritsar, which is Papad, the English poppadom, just with a bit more spices and masalas of Punjab, here you can find poppadom (papad) according to your spice tolerance, low, mild, extreme or Amritsari level, yes we do love spicy food, that you can figure out through the next thing, Wadiyan, the balls made with different dals (utensils), added to the curries while cooking adding a lot of spices and flavours to curries.
Along with this you can find some local masalas like paratha masala, chana masala, kulcha masala, dal masala, etc.
Heading towards new markets we will visit Ram Bagh market, where we will find Aam Papad, dry mango pulp, mixed with sweet, salty and sour flavors. And no one can forget the pickles, we will stop by the shop with 40 different varieties of pickles because we make sure to open all your taste buds for entire life.
With this, our tour for souvenirs comes to an end at Ram Bagh Gate. We will say the last bid of goodbye to our new friends and will take back home memories and souvenirs from the Holy city of Amritsar.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Amritsar Market Tour
- Amritsar Old City Walk
- Similar to
- Amritsar Heritage Walking Tour
- Best with
- Amritsar Street Food Bicycle Tour
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.