More than just a regular food tour, this carefully curated, all-inclusive food walk is a journey into the heart of the authentic culinary neighbourhood of Jaipur. Eat like a local with the best of traditional and modern street food items from street vendors and local shops who have been feeding the locals for generations and are hidden in the off-the-beaten-path away from the tourist crowds. Keep your stomach and camera memory empty for the delicious food to fill them up.
Approx by walk
- Enjoy 5 different local, famous food items
- Learn more about the ways of making some of the most delicious Jaipur street food
- A sneak peek into the backstage of some of the most famous traditional kitchens
- The view of Hawa Mahal and the Pink City from Tattoo Cafe
- Make new friends with fellow tour guests and Jaipurites
- Fun stories about the lifestyle of the locals
- Expert English speaking foodie guide as a tour leader
- 6 different street food items
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- A traditional dessert
- A water bottle
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders (within 4 weeks over a shared folder)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expectWe will meet at the assembly point 10 minutes before the start time of the tour. We will start our tour once all the guests have joined. After some basic introductions and instructions from our tour leader.
Food Walk starts with blasting bud tasting of samosa at Golcha cinema famous for its unique feature of ginger from the last 70 years. From there we move towards the next stop which is masala chai run by the fourth generation, know the old technique of making India masala chai (tea).
Heading forward, we will taste Hing Kachori with Dahi(curd) 150 years old traditional shop. After the spicy flavor of Kachori, it's time to taste the 300 years old recipe of dessert known as moong-thal.
Then our taste blasting food trail digs you into aloo Tikki special dish from north India then ahead we take you to some old traditional beverages of India (thandai) mingled with some local snacks with gazing view of chaupad and pink streets of Jaipur ,then we move forward towards the chaupad with a silent surprise at tattoo cafe with a local meal from there a small drive by e rickshaw towards our next stop a 100 years old shop serving a local recipe with mouthwatering dessert.
We can either walk back to our start point or bid farewell to our fellow foodies while we take some of the last tour pictures and share memories. We are sure you would not be eating for quite a while after this.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Jaipur Food Walk
- Rajasthani Food Tour
- Jaipur Street Food Tour
- Jaipur Street Food Walk
- Jaipur Culinary Walk
- Jaipur Culinary Tour
- Pink City Food Guide
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.