Experience the tastes like the locals from the famous shops and street vendors that are hidden in off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods away from the tourist attractions in Agra. This food tour is a well-curated one that will help you explore your taste buds with some amazing mouth-watering delicacies at various food joints in Agra. Spend some time on our guided tour and taste all that the city has to offer you.
Approx by walk
- Dal Moth at Panchhi Petha
- Filled paratha with curry
- Badei Kachori & Kulhad Chai
- World famous Agra's Petha
- Bhalla Chaat Tasting
- Al-Shawarma King
- Mama Chicken Mama Franky House for Tawa Chicken with roti
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of interesting sites
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Street food tasting & Lunch at a local dhaba
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
We will meet at the Delhi Gate, which will be our assembly point 10 minutes before the start time of the tour. We will start our tour once all the guests have joined. After some basic introductions and instructions from our tour leader, we will start our quest for the delicious delicacies of Agra which once used to be the capital of Mughals.
In this exploration of tastes in the streets of Agra, we will be taking a tuk-tuk ride from the Delhi Gate to our first stop where we will be tasting Dal Moth from the world’s famous Panchhi Petha Shop. This shop has been serving various delicacies around India and even outside India from 70 years now & has a wide variety of food items.
After gifting your taste buds with the taste of Dal Moth, we will be moving forward to our next stop which is Ram Babu Paratha Bhandar, which is there in Agra since 1930 and has been serving the locals with their tempting and heavy parathas. Here we will be tasting filled paratha with curry that is told to be the specialty of this shop.
Heading towards our next culinary destination that is Seth Gali, a popular lane with dozens of halwai’s (Sweet sellers) & where you can see the varieties of Indian sweets and street food. In this popular lane of Agra for the foodies, you will be experiencing the delicious Bedai Kachori accompanied by the Kulhad Chai which has been made using the same old and traditional technique and served in an eco-friendly mud clay cups.
Kulhad Chai will act as a catalyst in the digestion of previous food items. Till then we will be heading towards the next culinary shop to explore the taste of the world’s famous sweet specialty of Agra that is “Petha”. Here at Gopal Das Pethe Wala, you will find different varieties of mouth-watering sweets that will not allow you to take your eyes off them.
To add some piquant touch to your food tour, our next item will be Bhalla Chaat. It will give you a unique experience of sweet, tangy and spicy tastes at the same time. Relish your taste buds with one the most exciting “Khatta-Meetha” flavor that Agra has to offer with this dish.
Before stopping for our dinner, we will be riding to Al-Shawarma King where vegetarians can try Paneer Shawarma and non-vegetarians can fill their cravings with Chicken Shawarma. Now our next stop from here will be for the dinner at Mama Chicken Mama Franky House where you will be having Tawa Chicken with Roti that will totally blow your taste buds with its lip-smacking taste.
As without desserts meals are not completed, we will be concluding our food tour with Jalebis from the famous Deviram’s Sweet Shop. After filling up your stomach with so many flavorsome experiences we will be riding back to our assembly point, Delhi Gate where we will be bidding adieu to our fellow foodies while we take some of the last tour pictures and share memories. We are sure you would not be eating for quite a while after this.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Agra Street Food Tour
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.