The first and foremost attraction of our tour to any city is to taste its amazing food. So City On Pedals consider the fascination of its guests to a great deal and takes you through some amazing food alleys of the city starting from Poori Sabzi of Ram Bhandar to one of the famous delicacies of the city like a scrumptious thali from the most famous Keshari restaurant. Spend some time in our guided tour and taste all that you would love in Varanasi.
Approx by walk
- Enjoy 8 different local, famous food items
- Learn more about the ways of making some of the most delicious Varanasi street food
- Make new friends with fellow tour guests
- Fun stories about the lifestyle of the locals
- 8 different street food items
- Special Varanasi Breakfast
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
Well just give a good jot to your stomach as your hosts are taking you to taste the most delicious and tasteful dishes of the city. As our first delicacy, we will start our tour by reaching to the most famous point Ram Bhandar and taste its authentic poori sabzi, something that your taste-buds will yearn for more and more.
After this scrumptious meal, we will have a walk through the cloth market of the city and you may shop as per your heart’s content. Then while being on a shopping spree, we will try the authentic masala chai from the city from Laxmi Chai along with some Masala Toasts.
To add more flavor to our Food Tour, we would make a stop at Neelu Kachori for some traditional kachauri with aloo sabzi. Next in the list would be amazing Bun Tikki of the oldest city while strolling through the streets. On our way, we will also taste one of the hidden gems and the traditional dessert of Banaras which is Malaiyo, rich with dry fruits, saffron, and milk.
In order to give some rest to our stomach for some time, we will head towards the Ghat of Banaras which is world-famous for the stories of Birth and Death. Also called the burning ghat due to its amazing story, we will learn more about the rituals performed there as we stroll along with our guides.
Wandering through the ghats till Meer ghat, we will now head towards the most famous Keshari restaurant to taste some chaat, full meal thali of Varanasi and an amazing traditional dish of the land - Bathi Chokha.
In the end, to give our guests the flavor of the city and a memory of a lifetime, we will try some Paan - beetle-leaf from the city on which various songs have been made and much more have been said by many. So experience Banarasi Paan yourself and share the experience with your loved ones. This would be the place where we will bid farewell to our group members and tour leaders and take back this overwhelming memory with us.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Varanasi Food Walk
- Varanasi Culinary Walk
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.