Spend a day with City On Pedals’ slow-paced guided walking tour to the city and swirl through its most famous alleys and bylanes spending some blissful hours in the lap of Almighty in the world-famous and much revered Golden Temple. Walkthrough its narrow lanes to learn about the glorious past of the Amritsar. Be a part of the patriotic flag-lowering ceremony of the Attari-Wagah border and feel the valor of our soldiers. This and many more fun stories coming on your way in our exclusively curated One Day tour to the Holy City which is actually a combination of our Golden Temple Walking Tour, Wagah Border Tour, Heritage Walking Tour.
Approx by walk
- Partition Museum (starting point)
- Sri Akal Takht Sahib, Parikarma (encircling walkway), Watch Towers of Ramgarhia Bunga, Dukh Bhanjani Ber
- The Ath Sath Tirath (68 holy places), Ber Buddha Ji
- Backstage access to the world’s biggest community kitchen and the Langar Hall
- Witnessing and performing volunteer work such as food making and dishes cleaning
- Saragarhi Gurdwara, Qila Ahluwalia, Jalebiwala Chowk, Baba Bohar
- A quick visit of Pul Kanjari – one of the historic, resting places of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- The highly patriotic Beating Retreat ceremony at the Wagah Border
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of interesting sites
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Street food tasting & Lunch at a local dhaba
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
We will start our tour from the common assembly point at the Partition Museum from 10 min before the start time. We will start our tour once all the guests have arrived. After basic instructions and introduction from our tour leader, we will start our amazing one day tour passing by this memorial that depicts the heart-wrenching stories of the biggest mass migration that took place overnight and divided the country into India and Pakistan.
Walking through the Heritage street to the Golden Temple, we will take a quick stop at the Saragarhi Gurdwara to know about its history and importance. Strolling through this beautifully constructed walk-way to the Holy shrine, the architectural importance and uniformity will also be talked about.
Once we will reach the Gurdwara, we will deposit our shoes, wash our hands properly and will cover our heads to enter inside to seek the blessings of the supreme deity. While taking a blissful walk in an anti-clockwise direction around the sacred pond we will first pay our homage to the Ber Baba Budha Ji, an ancient banyan tree that was named after the first head priest of the Golden Temple. Moving ahead we will learn about the Akal Takht, the Throne of God, opposite to the bridge leading to the Golden Temple. Our tour guide will time and again guide you through the importance of the rituals observed inside the Gurdwara.
From here we will pay a visit to the Biggest Community kitchen of the World - The Langar Hall which serves food to almost 100,000 people on a daily basis. Keeping the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji alive - “Kirat Karo, Naam Japo, Vand Chhako” - which means to earn an honest living, recite the name of the Lord, and sharing with others and helping the mankind without discriminating between caste, creed, and color. Our tour guide will share each and every relevant information about the importance of this community kitchen and how the volunteers work here.
As there is always a curiosity among the general being to learn about the heritage and culture of the city, they are in, so our next destination from here would be to stroll through the old-alleys of the city passing through the famous bazaars and sharing the knowledge about the glorious past of the city of Nectar.
To give some time for our guests to refresh a little, we will straight-forward heads towards the City On Pedals’ Backpackers and would take a couple of minutes to refresh ourselves to kick-start our tour towards our next destination - The Wagah Border
Our way towards the Border is going to be an active fun-ride, wherein we will talk about various heritage and important sites, that we will pass by. Once we will reach our destination, we will mingle in the spirit of patriotism by singing and dancing to the tunes of some patriotic songs and will witness the historic flag-lowering ceremony at this Open border between India and Pakistan.
After enjoying a day wandering through the important destinations of the city, now is a time to bid farewell to our group members to let them enjoy the rest of the evening and relaxing. So our tour leaders will take you back at the backpackers as our final destination and would take leave by cherishing these overwhelming memories with them.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.