Give us an opportunity to walk you through the notable tourist destination exploring the five (05) religious places of Agra covering five (05) different religions. Talking about the historic turn of events that happened in the city, we would also discuss the lives and times of the generations of the locals dwelling in the old city with our slow-paced carefully curated walking tour. Learn in detail about the lovely and priceless architectural and historical monuments all in dignity with the Mughal-era. Our knowledgeable and expert guides will share their information and stories about this incredible city and the amalgamation of different religions and cultures dwelling in the city. Explore Mughal markets by giving your taste-buds the perfect aroma of the city.
Approx by walk
- Shri Mankameshwar Mandir
- Witness the old architecture of the Jama Masjid
- St. John’s Church
- Learn about the biggest religious cult crossing the Radha Soami Satsang center.
- Know about the birth-place of famous poet Mirza Ghalib
- Gurdwara Sri Hathi Ghat Sahib
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of interesting sites
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Street food tasting & Lunch at a local dhaba
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
To start our tour to the Mughal city, we will meet at the common assembly point at the Delhi Gate of Agra Fort, a renowned world heritage site from 10 min before the start time. We will start our tour once all the guests have arrived. After basic instructions and introduction from our tour leader, we will start our fun-filled Heritage Tour to explore the notable tourist destination of India - Agra.
We will talk in detail about this grandest gate of Agra Fort and will explore the history behind this. As the basic motive of our tour is to make you all familiar with the diverse religions and the religious places dwelling in the city, so from this point we would kick-start our tour through the old streets of the Mughal era to our first destination which would be Shri Mankameshwar Mandir. This is the main Shiva temple which is surrounded by the typical Shiva family idols along with other presiding deities within the temple complex. It is believed the Shiva Linga in this temple was founded by Lord Shiva himself in the ancient era. Want to know how? Well, our knowledgeable guides will be there with you to guide you through all your prompt queries.
If you are a lover of the ornaments then our next passage would be ideal for you to visit which is the Johri Bazaar. Famous for its precious and semi-precious stones, particularly diamonds, topaz, and emeralds, this market is actually an exhibition of some precious stones which makes it one of its kind. Amidst this large market for ornament is the shop for the famous sweet of the city, Gopal Das Pethe Wale, from where we take this sweet with us as a souvenir of the city. Crossing this and moving ahead, we will reach Luhar Street which was initially called Lahori Gali and is famous for all the branded and non-branded items like artificial Jewelry, Cosmetics, Decorative items, Clothing items and lot more. One can witness the business activities of the city.
A place of religious importance is always attractive and when it comes to the famous Jama Masjid, one cannot control the spiritual vibrations happening in the body and soul. Here we reach the city’s most important and largest mosque to pay our obeisance to the Lord and explore the religion. Our tour guide will give you an insight into this beautiful masjid which was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1648. Admire the architecture by learning about the historic tale behind its existence.
As the history of a place is very important to know similar is the food of the place which is most important to explore. So giving a treat to our taste-buds, we will move ahead through the Seth Gali where we will try 2 famous food of the city which will be Papdi chaat and Kachori with Kulhad Chai and take this taste along with us besides discussing more the city and its food.
One must wonder, what is so special in the food of a place that makes it different from other cities. Well, well, it is the peculiar spices of the city that creates a difference. Want to know the secretive spices of the city? Accompany our experts through the Spice Market and explore different spices.
Crossing this, we have reached our next destination which is Saint John’s Church, the oldest church of Agra. Admire the beauty alongside going through its history and importance. Moving ahead on the same road, we would reach another destination which is in Seb Ka Bazaar, where once again we would give our taste goblets, the taste of the city. Reaching to this ultimate breakfast joint called Aggarwal Chhole Bhathure, we would halt for some time and enjoy the famous breakfast of the city.
Now is the time to explore the biggest cult of India - Radha Soami Satsang Bhavan. Taking a turn from Seb Ka Bazaar, we would walk further and will come across this Hall where mostly religious gatherings take place peculiar to this religious faith. Our tour guides will make you more familiar with the history and culture behind this as we cross this place.
Revered as the city of Taj, Agra has been an inspiration for many poets across the country. One such was the Mirza Ghalib, who had taken birth in this city and his birthplace is well known as Kala Mahal. It is actually a fitting memorial for the Urdu Shayari and the poet. Learn more about this with our expert guides.
In the end, our last destination would be the Gurdwara Shri Hathi Ghat Sahib which is a Sikh temple built on the name of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. You will learn about the Sikh culture, their rituals, traditions, and beliefs once you enter inside. This way until now, we have covered and explored the diverse religions dwelling in India through this beautiful city of Mughals. This would be the place where we will bid farewell to our group members and tour leaders and take back this overwhelming memory with us.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Agra Heritage Walk
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.