Allow us to walk you through India’s first planned city, the lives and times of the generations of locals dwelling in the narrow streets and by-lanes of the Pink City with our slow-paced & carefully curated heritage walk. Learn in detail about the architecture of one of the most exuberant cities in Indian history, starting from its initial planning in the 17th century till the present day. Our expert guides will share their research and knowledge about the history of the Kachwaha Dynasty and facts about Jaipur, the onset of the British Rule and its impact while we get a sneak peek into the lifestyle of the locals. Also known as Jaipur Food Walk, we will get the opportunity to taste some of the most popular street food items like samosa, masala chai, some local snacks, and mouthwatering local sweets.
Also, 11:00am on Sundays and Mondays
Approx by walk
- Albert Hall #
- Golcha Cinema
- Old Havelis
- Tripolia Gate
- A vernacular style temple
- A north Indian style temple
- Front view of Hawa Mahal
- English speaking guide as a tour leader
- History overview and explanation of famous and interesting sites mentioned in the highlights
- Local street food tasting (up to 3-4 dishes)
- Traditional breakfast at a food joint highly popular amongst the locals
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
We will meet at the common assembly point at the Golcha Cinema 10 min before the start time. We will start our tour once all the guests have joined. After basic instructions and introduction from our tour leader, we will start the tour and will go off to explore the old city of Jaipur.
Following our path to the narrow lanes and by-lanes of the city, we will explore some of the lesser-known gems like the New Gate which used to give the first glance of Albert Hall, followed by some interesting facts about beautiful walls and gates around the old Pink City.
Moving on, we will make a brief stop at 70 years old Golcha Cinema where we will take a break and talk about the history of Jaipur. We will then continue our journey and visit an ancient Shiv Temple which depicts the vernacular style of architecture. On our way, we will be served one of Jaipur's famous chai and a snack called poha which is made of rice and nuts.
Walking through the narrow lanes of the city, we will take the opportunity to get views of some old Havelis and painting styles of Jaipur while our tour leader fills you up with more informatory sessions on building styles and explanation of the plans and some details of Pink City with the view of Tripolia Gate. Along with that, the tour leads you towards the largest tower of the Pink City and with a pinch of interesting stories of Isarlat Tower, small bud tasting while walking for the Hawa Mahal.
Lastly, we will visit the Tattoo Cafe and bid farewell to our fellow travelers while we take some of the last tour pictures and share memories along with the pleasant view of Hawa Mahal, Nahargarh Fort, and Gad Ganesh.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Pink City Heritage Tour
- Jaipur Royal Heritage Tour
- Jaipur Hidden Heritage Tour
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.