Amritsar Heritage Bicycle Tour
This is our classic bicycle ride into the heart of the 400 years old heritage city of Amritsar. Let one of our expert storytellers take you on an unforgettable journey through the center of the cultural capital of Punjab while learning all about Amritsar and its complex history. Get backstage access to the real old Amritsar with many hidden gems & sightseeing places known only to the locals, until now.
Discover why Amritsar is one of the most exuberant cities in Indian history with this easy-paced bicycle ride that goes through the Summer Palace of the King and Gandhi Gate into the walled city and the main bazaar, across the Town Hall to the Hanging Gurdwara (place of worship for Sikhs) and the ancient Amritsar Mall, before malls became cool. Taste & learn the traditional ways of preparing Amritsar’s most popular breakfast, street food, and sweets. Our Yellow Jackets are the priority pass that lets us skip all the queues.
We start early in the morning when the weather is pleasant and there is very little traffic. Our high-quality Decathlon bicycles, helmets, Yellow Jackets and our professional team will ensure you feel safe and have a great time on the road. The tour is suitable for beginners and advanced riders, for young and old, and even for people who haven’t been on a bicycle for years. If you don’t want to ride a bicycle, we can arrange a comfortable bicycle-rickshaw ride for you.
For the walking tour version, check out our Amritsar Heritage Walking Tour.
The Amritsar Heritage Bicycle Tour is designed to complement the Amritsar Golden Temple Walking Tour, which offers a deep insight into the Sikh religion and history. Together, both tours will give you a complete Amritsar experience while offering an exhilarating way to see this magical city.
- Daily 7:00 am
- 17th Oct – 13th Mar
- Daily 5:30 am
- 14th Mar – 16th Oct
9 km (approx)
3.5 hours (approx)
- Group size
- Price per participant
- ₹ 1500 / USD 24 / EUR 20.5
- ₹ 1200 / USD 20 / EUR 17
- > 4
- ₹ 1000 / USD 17 / EUR 14.5
Price includes street food tasting and breakfast
Group size is the number of participants during booking and is not related to the total number of participants during the tour
- Company Garden – Summer Palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- Khairuddin Mosque
- Town Hall aka Partition Museum
- Baba Bohar
- Darshan Deori – the hanging gurudwara
- Qila Ahluwalia – an ancient shopping district
- Jalebiwala Chowk – a traditional Indian sweets crossing
- Saragarhi Gurudwara
- Guided bicycle tour with friendly English speaking tour guide aka storyteller
- History overview and explanation of famous and interesting sites in Amritsar
- Quality bicycles with gears and safety equipment such as helmet and our yellow jacket
- Water bottle
- Local street food tasting (up to 4-5 dishes)
- Warm gloves (in the winter time)
- Sharing of pictures taken by the storytellers
Important information for bicycle tours
- The minimum age for riding the bicycle is 10 years
- Guest must be able to ride a bike, no training is provided
- Strongly advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Strongly advised not to wear expensive clothing or accessories
- Not recommended for pregnant women & participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Other important information
- We provide tours in English, Hindi, and Punjabi. Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Strongly advised to wear clothing covering full arms and legs as it is mandatory for entering most of the religious places
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. Eg, allergies in food items, etc
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
We take safety seriously. Our quality bicycles are regularly checked, well-maintained, comfortable and carefully chosen for riding in Amritsar. Our tried and tested routes are designed to avoid high-traffic lanes and our tour moves at a comfortable pace so that everyone can enjoy the whole experience.
Guest must be able to ride a bicycle. No training is provided except how to control breaks & gears.
For those who prefer not to cycle, a bicycle rickshaw with a puller can be arranged at an additional price of ₹ 300 per participant.
Call / Whatsapp / Telegram / Viber