Let us accompany you to make you witness the grandeur of the Mughal architecture in the well-known city of Agra that is having so much to offer you. Sauntering down the road towards one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites and experiencing the splendid structure of the Agra Fort. We will unfold the pages of history by visiting the Taj Mahal, the astounding and the finest work of architecture of the Mughal era. A sunset with a boat ride, fading away all your fatigue will give the tour a perfect ending but we won’t let you return without tasting the appetizing biryani accompanied by tea at one of the famous eateries in Agra.
Approx by walk
- Agra Fort
- Taj Mahal
- Boat Ride during sunset
- Biryani with Chai
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of interesting sites
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Street food tasting & Lunch at a local dhaba
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
We will commence our tour from a common assembly point that will be Delhi Gate, one of the four gates of Agra fort and will expect everyone to reach 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour. The tour will be initiated once all the guests have arrived. After all the instructions regarding the tour are given by the leader, we will start exploring the best of the Mughal era with Agra Fort itself which served as a main residence of the Mughal dynasties before the capital shifted from Agra to Delhi in 1638. This Mughal structure is a befitting prequel to what we will experience later and it will let us frame it out, co-relate and understand the story of the Taj Mahal better.
We will stroll through the whole monument by making an entrance from the Amar Singh Gate, a smaller version of the Delhi gate which is no longer operational. As the site is very important in terms of architectural history, our talented tour guides will make sure that you are familiarized with the history of the fort and the different buildings that are within the fort like Mina Masjid, Sheesh Mahal, Shahi Burj, Macchi Bhawan, and many other heritage buildings. As we will be there for about 1 hour, we will be sneaking into the chapters of history while taking a look at these magnificent buildings and all your queries related to any of the structures will be taken up by our experienced tour guides.
Agra, being the dwelling place and capital city of great Mughal rulers, has so much to offer you with the mix of both Persian and Mughal architecture. After the exit from the Agra Fort, we will head towards the finest monument built during the Mughal era built during the reign of Shah Jahan, the son of Jahangir, in the memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal has always been the main center of attraction since it was constructed in 1632 & each of its stones still radiates the emperor’s love for his wife. It is said that Shah Jahan got so depressed after the death of Mumtaz that he ordered the court mourning for the next two years, so you can just measure his love out of this only. The Minarets standing tall and high are serving as the knights of this astounding structure for centuries now & all of them are bent outwards. Want to know why they are like that and also more about the history and architectural features of the monument? Our top-rated expert guides will always be by your side to help you with that.
Someone has rightly said, “There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” We will get ourselves to experience the sunset with the boat rides that will fade away all the fatigue of your whole tour and will give Agra Half-Day Tour a perfect ending. But wait, how can we let you return without tasting the sumptuous Mughalai biryani of India accompanied by tea as a part of evening snacks which will be included in the tour package.
This will be our last point before we bid farewell to each other after experiencing the rich heritage and culture of the city of Agra by making a visit to the awe-inspiring Mughal relics.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Agra Monuments Tour
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.