Let our expert guides take you on a journey of a wide spectrum of feelings, from extreme patriotism at the Wagah Border to a historical walk in the ancient monument Pul Kanjari, through the most intriguing Hindu Temple of the world. Prepare for a homogeneous blend of history, entertainment, culture, sightseeing, gossip, and spirituality with this carefully curated half-day tour in Amritsar. This slow-paced tour is a mixture of long cab drive and walks that have been designed to suit the needs of all age groups. Our expert versatile guides will adjust the order of the sightseeing places depending upon the schedule of ceremonies to avoid all the chaos and the touristy crowd. It's a disco, a night club, an army parade, a football match, a history lesson and a spiritual, psychedelic journey at the same time.
Daily, 14th Mar – 16th Oct
Approx by walk
- The highly patriotic Beating Retreat ceremony at the Wagah Border
- Flag bearing run and dance-off for the female participants
- A quick visit of Pul Kanjari – one of the historic, resting places of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- Walk through Mata Lal Devi Mandir and it’s amazing psychedelic cave
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of Pul kanjari
- Cab transfers to the itinerary places
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders (within 4 weeks over a shared dropbox folder)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expectWe will meet at the common assemble point at City On Pedals Backpackers Hostel in Rani Ka Bagh from 10 min before the start time. After all the guests are here, we will sit comfortably in our luxury cabs and drive towards our target destinations. Once at the Wagah Border, our guide will steer you through the crowd to your seats for the best possible view of the ceremony. Our team will also insist on activities which will bump up your excitement super high. We will also take a casual heritage walk through Pul Kanjri, a 200-year-old historic monument which alludes to an infamous affair of the King of Punjab and a dancer. Make a brief stop at the Mata Lal Devi Mandir which is recognized as probably most bizarre Hindu Temple and houses a psychedelic watery cave where you may pray for fertility. Our expert versatile guides will adjust the order of the sightseeing places depending upon the schedule of ceremonies to avoid all the chaos and the touristy crowd. We also prepare some special refreshments to keep the energy and excitement high.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.