Let our expert guides take you on a journey of a wide spectrum of feelings, from extreme patriotism at the Wagah Border to a historical walk in the ancient monument Pul Kanjari, through the most intriguing Hindu Temple of the world. Prepare for a homogeneous blend of history, entertainment, culture, sightseeing, gossip, and spirituality with this carefully curated half-day tour in Amritsar. This slow-paced tour is a mixture of long cab drives and walks that have been designed to suit the needs of all age groups. Our expert versatile guides will adjust the order of the sightseeing places depending upon the schedule of ceremonies to avoid all the chaos and the touristy crowd. It's a disco, a night club, an army parade, a football match, a history lesson and a spiritual, psychedelic journey at the same time.
Daily, 17th Oct – 13th Mar
Approx by walk
- Ram Bagh Gate (Starting Point)
- Explore Ram Bagh Gate
- The highly patriotic Beating Retreat ceremony at the Wagah Border
- Flag bearing run and dance-off for the female participants
- A quick visit of Pul Kanjari – one of the historic, resting places of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- Walk through Mata Lal Devi Mandir and it’s amazing psychedelic cave
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of Pul kanjari
- Cab transfers to the itinerary places
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
We will meet at the common assembly point at Ram Bagh Gate inside the old city from 10 min before the start time. We will start our tour once all the guests have joined. After some basic introductions and instructions from our tour leader, we will go and explore this unexplored destination of the city. Our experts will share their knowledge about the place and will make you familiar with this hidden gem from the windows, the walls of which echoes the affluent and glorious past of the city..
Now will be the time to move towards our ultimate destination which is towards the open border between India and Pakistan by a cab through the Grand Trunk Road. To make your travel comfortable and memorable, certain interesting spots will be introduced to you on the go and stories of our city will be shared. Our first glance in this respect would be the Khalsa College, one of the topmost colleges of Punjab, which was established in 1892 for the Sikh Scholars during British rule.
We will head towards the ancient monument called Pul Kanjari, which is just around 100 m from the India Pakistan border. We will also pass near the last Indian Army post before the India-Pakistan border.
On the way towards Border, we will see abandoned Army Bunkers which were used during the wars between India and Pakistan. Then we will again ride the cab and move towards the border for the ceremony, which is the Beating the Retreat ceremony, where Border Security Force of India and Rangers of Pakistan march together to de host their respective flags at the same time with same commands and same music beats. We will see a motivated competitive ceremony in which thousands of people from both countries are cheering up for their countries. This is the place where patriotism will rise high, as high as the Flag.
After attending the ceremony, we will head back towards the city and will visit a local Hindu temple constructed by a Hindu lady, Mata Lal Devi, who was a great devotee of Vaishno Devi (Hindu Goddess). This temple is a combination of all the important temples of India. The main idea behind this temple is that all those who cannot visit each and every temple can come here to feel the equal importance and blessings of all the temples.
At the end of the day, we will head back to our starting point, ending this amazing journey of Wagah Border.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Guided Wagah Border Tour
- Amritsar Attari Border Tour
- Best with
- Amritsar Street Food Bicycle Tour and Amritsar Golden Temple Walking Tour
- Part of
- Amritsar One Day Tour
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.