Allow us to guide you through one of the best-planned cities in the country through its gardens, leisure valleys, sky-high complexes, and beautiful lakes with our slow-paced guided bicycle tours. Our expert guides will share their research and knowledge about how this city beautiful came into existence and various other hidden facts behind this. Cycle through its beautiful alleys and markets and observe the uniformity in the architectural planning of the city.
- Zakir Hussain Rose Garden
- Tank monument
- Leisure Valley
- Capitol Complex
- Open Hand Monument
- The Tower of Shadows
- Sukhna Lake
- Make new friends with fellow tour guests
- Fun stories about the lifestyle of the locals
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview of different places
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Snacks & Water
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
To start our tour to the City Beautiful, we will meet at the common assembly point at the Zakir Hussain Rose Garden from 10 min before the start time. We will start our tour once all the guests have arrived. After basic instructions and introduction from our tour leader, we will start our amazing ride to explore this Capital City of Punjab and Haryana.
As our first point of attraction in our tour, we will explore this amazing botanical garden which is specified as Asia’s largest. Apart from 1600 different species of rose flowers, we will also come across different trees of medicinal values. Our tour guide will also make you aware of the annual rose festival that happens here during the months of February-March.
Heading towards our next destination from here, we will come across the Tank monument which is actually a real tank captured in one of the wars and kept in the middle of the road fenced from all sides, as a mark of success for people to feel proud of.
Moving ahead from here, we will reach the Leisure Valley where people usually come and sit and relax for a while away from the city hum-drum. This is basically a continuum of various theme gardens to take care of the body and spirit of the city. Our knowledgeable experts will guide you through each and every of this starting from North and ending at the Southernmost edge of the city.
Now is the time to unleash the creativity of the master architect of this planned city - The Capitol Complex. Located at the backdrop of Shivalik Hills, the complex is actually a UNESCO Heritage site, the importance and the architectural beauty of which will be highlighted well by our tour leaders during the tour. We will also come across two monuments here - The Open Hand Monument and The Tower of Shadows which will be highlighted on our way within the complex.
Rock Garden, for which Chandigarh is famous worldwide, will be next in our list of tourist attractions. A garden where sculptures are made of scrap and other kinds of waste is a site to watch.
An inseparable part of the city of Chandigarh is the Sukhna Lake. It is a place where serious walkers pursue an exercise regime, families enjoy an evening stroll and nature lovers mingle with children on roller skates. Enjoy the site as our guides will guide you through the importance and little about the history of the lake.
We all want some time off for relaxation and for meditation. So the garden of Silence is a place that goes synonymous with this. The garden features a statue of seated Budha which is one of the latest monuments in the city.
The Highlight of the tour would be a point where we can actually see the spot from where the entire city was designed - a building which is of immense historic value to Chandigarh. Learn about the technological, formal, and aesthetic spirit of modern architecture, while strolling through the museum.
Lastly, to also taste the flavor of the city, we will head towards our final destination which is the India Coffee House. Basically a restaurant chain in India run by workers co-operative society, it serves one of the best food for people in their unique authentic way.
In order to bid farewell to each other, we will end the tour at the same point from where we started up - Zakir Hussain Rose Garden and take back this overwhelming memory with us.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
- Also known as
- Chandigarh Heritage Tour
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.