Amritsar is one of the most coveted places to experience the festival of Diwali in India. Let us take you through an extraordinary and unforgettable journey of a mix of culture, food, patriotism, religion, and gratitude on our curated Amritsar Diwali Tour. It is a combination of our Heritage Walking Tour, Wagah Border Tour, Golden Temple Walking Tour
Approx by walk
- Partition Museum (starting point)
- Saragarhi Gurdwara,Qila Ahluwalia, Jalebiwala Chowk, Baba Bohar
- A quick visit of Pul Kanjari – one of the historic, resting places of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- The highly patriotic Beating Retreat ceremony at the Wagah Border
- Backstage access to the world’s biggest community kitchen and the Langar Hall
- Witnessing and performing volunteer work such as food making and dishes cleaning
- Sri Akal Takht Sahib, Parikarma (encircling walkway), Watch Towers of Ramgarhia Bunga, Dukh Bhanjani Ber, the Ath Sath Tirath (68 holy places), Ber Buddha Ji
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- History overview and explanation of interesting sites
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
- Lunch, Snacks, Street Food Dinner
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5%
What to expect
We will meet at the common assembly point at the town hall and will look around the Town Hall building which was established by the British and which now is the Partition Museum since 2016.
Following our path to the narrow lanes and bylanes of the city, we would explore some of the hidden gems, old Havelis, ancients architectural structures, historic temples, and would know about the history of the 400 years old city.
Following that, we will have lunch at an authentic Punjabi restaurant and enjoy the rich flavors of food of Amritsar. After lunch, we will ride on our cab or bus and off we will go to the Grand Trunk road, which leads to Wagah Border. \\on the way we will visit the last village of India, Pul Kanjari and visit the historic stepwell there. And would also see the army posts of India and Pakistan from the one same location at a distance of 100mts from International Border Fence
After this, we will head towards Wagah Border. At Wagah border we will witness the Parade Beating the Retreat Ceremony, in which, Border Security force of India and Pakistan Rangers, march together, to dehost their respective flags at the same time with the same commands and same music beats. We will see a motivated competitive ceremony in which thousands of people from both countries who are there to witness, cheer up for their countries. This is the place where patriotism will rise high as the Flag.
After witnessing the parade, we will head back to the city center, where we will walk through the narrow bazaars, to experience the colorful city with hustle and bustle of the festival where the whole city is decorated with lights. We would see locals enjoying and celebrating this biggest festival of India.
Walking down the streets, we would reach Golden temple, to witness the reality of the phrase “Dal roti ghar di, Diwali Amritsar di” which says that the way there is no comparison of home-made food, the same way there is nothing like Diwali of Amritsar. Here we would see the lights reflecting on the Golden Temple giving a mesmerizing view of the most important Sikh shrine. Here we would enjoy the fire-works along with melodious hymns playing inside the temple. Here we will move through the crowd of devotees through the corridors of Golden temple and would reach kitchen of Golden Temple which is arguably one of the largest kitchen in the world who serves meals for 75,000 people in one day, free of cost.
With this, we come to the end of this amazing tour of this special day of the Diwali festival.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits as it may hinder the walking experience since the roads may not be even or smooth and clean.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.