Our classic, easy-paced guided tour through an ancient palace, heritage streets, narrow bylanes and some of the oldest neighborhoods deep inside the walled city of Amritsar which are best explored on foot or our bicycles. Ride through the narrow winding streets with squares, buildings with domes and chattri that is indicative of the influence of Islamic architecture and Rajputana style. Explore some of the lesser known hidden gems of the city with old temples, akharas, and, arguably, the first ever Amritsar Shopping Mall before malls became cool. Taste & learn the traditional ways of preparing some of Amritsar’s most popular breakfast items, street food, and sweets.
Daily, 17th Oct – 13th Mar
Approx on bicycle
- Company Garden - Summer Palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- Khairuddin Mosque
- Town Hall aka Partition Museum
- Baba Bohar
- Qila Ahluwalia – an ancient fortess and a shopping district
- English speaking guide as tour leader
- Quality bicycles and required safety gears - vest and helmet
- Local street food tasting
- Traditional breakfast
- Sharing of pictures taken by tour leaders
What to expectWe will meet at the common assemble point at City On Pedals Backpackers Hostel in Rani Ka Bagh from 10 min before the start time. We will provide the bicycle, safety gears such as helmets and yellow jackets. A water bottle will be provided either at the assemble place or at one of the stops during the tour. Our friendly English speaking guide will share some basic safety instructions to keep in mind during the tour. We will start our ride with other travelers and finish before the traffic would set in. During our tour, we will also taste & learn about some of the traditional ways of preparing Amritsar’s most popular breakfast, street food, and sweets. Our Yellow Jackets are the priority pass that lets us skip most of the queues.
A bicycle rickshaw (max 2 participants) or an e-rickshaw (max 4 participants) with a puller can be arranged on request at an additional price of ₹ 650 per rickshaw.
Please note that this may slow down the whole tour.
Groups with children below age 12 would not be allowed to ride a bicycle and would have to opt-in for the rickshaw.
Private/Custom tour option
This tour is also available for reservation as a private or custom tour over bicycles or rickshaws or a combination of both with a similar or modified itinerary, desired start time and duration. Contact us directly with your requirements.
We take safety seriously. Our quality bicycles are regularly checked, well-maintained, comfortable and carefully chosen for riding in Amritsar. Our tried and tested routes are designed to avoid high-traffic lanes and our tour moves at a comfortable pace so that everyone can enjoy the whole experience.
Guest must be able to ride a bicycle. No training is provided except how to control brakes & gears.
Clothes and accessories
It is recommended to wear comfortable t-shirts, pants, and shoes. Clothes covering full arms and legs are recommended as they are mandatory to enter some of the religious places. During winters, it is also recommended to carry a warm jacket and hand gloves.
Avoid bringing heavy backpacks, camera bags, expensive clothes, and accessories on this tour. Avoid slippers or sandals and loose outfits which may be unsuitable for riding a bicycle.
- It is important to contact (call or WhatsApp) your tour leader 5 min before the tour starts if you cannot locate the assemble place. If in case you are going to be late to reach the assemble place, please contact your tour leader immediately
- Please check the assemble place of your tour carefully. Some of our tours do not start at our hostel. In case you are staying at the hostel, you must gather in the common area at least 20 min before the tour starts so that we can arrange the transportation to the assemble place
- Please be informed that since some of the tours don’t start from our hostel or may have external dependencies such as cab vendors, there may arise the chances of the tour starting late. We usually take a buffer of 15 minutes and catch up for the loss of time in such cases during the tour
- Tours in other languages may be offered upon request
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Recommended not to bring anything heavy with you for a smoother and enjoyable tour. However, you may bring your phones, pocket cameras and some money (in case you would like to buy something on the way)
- Recommended to leave all other personal belongings at your current place of stay
- Operates in all weather conditions except rains. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the street food and meals may not conform to recommended national or international standards of hygiene
- Please advise any specific requirements at the time of booking. eg, allergies in food items, etc.
- Recommended to use the toilets before joining for the tour
- Required to accept the conditions mentioned in the WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIM page
Here is what travelers have to say about this tour
All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. City On Pedals does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants have to agree to the terms mentioned in our WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS page before undertaking all trips which means that they realize that all activities carry an inherent risk.